Real Weird Blog
A fun blog about real life and the real weird things we encounter.

Hi visitors! I am so happy to have you here. Please have a look around and let me know what you like or don't like :/ Leave a comment or send me an email! I love to hear from my readers.

Toddler's Drinking Habits



I wasn't sure if I should post this. I wasn't sure if anyone else had a similar issue, nor was I sure that my silly resolution would work for anyone else.

Here was the issue. Anytime I would drink anything (not alcohol) my daughter would want to drink some as well. I don't really allow her to have all of the bad things I drink (coffee, soda, sweet tea...) unless there is nothing else around. Problem was once she started drinking something, she wouldn't stop. I would have to pull the straw out of her mouth, which got messy sometimes.

Since this kid is obsessed with numbers (how awesome!) I thought I would incorporate that. Now, when she is in need of that quick sip in between a meal, I will let her have a drink and I will count out loud until i reach 3 or 4 or 5 depending on what number we agreed upon. She knows once we get to that number it is time for her to stop. This has made things so much better. No more mess or fussing because she cannot have anymore of a certain drink.

Do you have anything similar that works for you?

No comments :

Post a Comment