Real Weird Blog
A fun blog about real life and the real weird things we encounter.

Hi visitors! I am so happy to have you here. Please have a look around and let me know what you like or don't like :/ Leave a comment or send me an email! I love to hear from my readers.

Who Put Glass in Your Cupcakes?



A few weeks ago I brought some cupcakes to work with glass and blood in them. They were a HUGE hit. I was asked to make them for a friends Halloween party and for another friends son's birthday party. I learned how to make hardy candy for these, which is not as difficult as I thought. I decided I would post a tutorial on how to make them. At this point I have made these cupcakes 3 times this month. I have think I have gotten better each time!




INGREDIENTS

CUPCAKES
-box of cupcake mix
-container of frosting (I prefer cream cheese frosting)
GLASS
-1 cup regular sugar
-1/3 cup water
-3tbsp of light corn syrup
-Flavoring and coloring if you choose
BLOOD
-Corn Syrup
-Cornstarch
-Red Food Coloring
-Chocolate Syrup
Sorry no actual measurements for this because I just guess and stop when it looks bloody enough.

DIRECTIONS
1. Make the "glass" by pouring all of the Glass ingredients above into a pot and cooking. A tip if you don't have a thermometer is to drop a piece of the liquid candy into a cup of cold water to see if it hardens into a ball.
 2. Once it is ready, poor it out onto a sheet of parchment paper. You can use a greased cookie sheet or wax  paper but I think parchment works the best. My cookie sheet doesn't lay flat so maybe that's why. Oh yea, DONT use a plastic spoon. Mine melted. :)
 
3. Make the cupcakes by the box!
4. While the cupcakes are cooking/cooling you can make the gooey blood. Mix the blood ingredients together until you get the perfect consistency  You can see my different attempts at the top. I think the one on the far right is the best! That was my third attempt. The secret ingredient is chocolate syrup!

5. After the cupcakes have cooled then add the frosting. My favorite frosting is the cream cheese frosting!!! I wanted to be fancy so I piped the icing on, however I was also trying to be lazy and wanted to use a plastic Ziploc bag instead of the correct bag. As you can see that bag busted open. Probably because it wasn't an actual Ziploc, but instead a crappy knock off.

6. Break the glass and put it into the cupcakes. I used the handle of the spoon to break the glass but you could use whatever.
 7. Splatter the blood all over the cupcakes. I like to drip some near the glass and then use a fork to make the drops and blood splatters.
8. ENJOY!!! and hopefully creep some people out.

What kind of spooky Halloween treats did you make this year? Do you have any Halloween traditions other than trick or treating?

No comments :

Post a Comment